Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What did you make? Blueberry Muffins!
How did it turn out? Good! I had never made real blueberry muffins before but had blueberries that had gotten smooshed so I decided to make a batch.They were easy and delicious. We are in the minority of blueberry muffin likers it seems as we don't like many blueberries in our muffins. So they were a little much for Rob, but our landlord that I gifted some to LOVED them. Also, my crumb mixture was a little chunky - I think the butter was too cold, but I just spread the coating out after baking to even it out a little.
Did you follow directions or make changes?  I followed the directions exactly, except that I halved the crumb mixture based on other reviewers' advice.
Would you make it again?  Yep! I will just probably halve the blueberries next time to suit our family better.
Any tips or advice? I would recommend cutting the crumb mixture in half as I did, it was plenty. I would also recommend letting the butter in the mixture soften first so that it is more of an even crumb mixture, rather than chunks of butter and dry, powdery stuff just hanging out. Next time, I will also try other reviewers advice by using brown sugar instead of white in the crumb mixture. If you are not a fan of blueberries (or even if you are), I would try this recipe with mini chocolate chips instead - yum!

- Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment