Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bacon Cheese Dogs!

(Allrecipe original picture)
What did you make? Ultimate Bacon Cheese Dogs!
How did it turn out? I didn't get to try them as I am dieting, but Andy really liked them! You slit the dog down the middle, stuff it with string cheese, wrap two pieces of bacon around it, and sprinkle brown sugar on top.

Did you follow directions or make changes?  I followed the directions, except that I had no string cheese, so two of the dogs I stuffed with stripped up cheddar cheese, and the other two I stuffed with shredded mozzarella.
Would you make it again?  Yes! I still need to try them, and I think it would be really fun to roast them around a campfire one day. 
Any tips or advice? UGH YES! It says in the instructions that you can broil them, or cook over a fire. So I set my oven to 500 and popped them in and what a mistake. They smoke too much, I set off the fire alarm, scared baby, and the house smelled smokey for two days. Also the bacon grease did a lot of popping and splattered the inside of my oven door. I took them out early and had Andy pop them on the BBQ and they were perfect! Will definitely keep this in mind as a BBQ only dish.

Don't have a picture as I couldn't find my camera and Andy ate them!

-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment