Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Maple Cookies! Scream!

http://pinterest.com/pin/165732940/
Allrecipes Frosted Maple Cookies
What did you make?
The most delicious maple cookies you will ever have in your life! 
How did it turn out?
The most delicious you will ever have in your life! Haha! Not kidding, everyone raved about them! Andy must have had 30.
Did you follow directions or make changes? I followed directions initially, but as the reviews said, they were hard and flat (too much butter, not enough flour, eggs or maple). I made a second batch right away and we had a winner! They were soft, chewy, and SO DELICIOUS! Have I said that enough already?
Would you make it again?
I plan on making these as often as I can! Any excuse, any occasion! Its the first thing I am going to bake once I am off my diet. (I cheated cause I HAD TO TRY them and ate two already, they were ridiculous.)
Any tips or advice?
Yes, make them right away! Also, follow my recipe, not the original! 
Cookie:
  • 2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup room temperature butter
  • 4 teaspoon maple flavored extract (this sounds like a lot, but just do it)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
 Icing:

  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 4 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon maple flavored extract
Cream butter and brown sugar. Add maple, vanilla and eggs.
Add in baking soda then flour. Dough may be a little sticky.
Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop (preferable, not necessary) and drop onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 mins.
Cool on a cookie rack.

For icing, combine all, put in plastic ziplock and cut tiny hole in corner. Drizzle or pipe icing onto cooled cookies. These cookies taste GREAT by themselves, and with icing have a taste similar to maple bar donuts. You choose, both are excellent!

These store great for a week in an airtight container. Don't refrigerate or they will harden. The unbaked dough also freezes really well when wrapped tightly with saran wrap. You may want to freeze half as the recipe makes 4 dozen!

No comments:

Post a Comment