Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Apple Spice Cookies!

 (Allrecipe original picture)
What did you make? Apple Spice Cookies!

http://pinterest.com/pin/148581765/
Allrecipes Apple and Spice Cookies
How did it turn out? They were good! At first, tasting the dough and again straight out of the oven I thought they were a little heavy on the nutmeg, and especially the cloves, but Andy disagreed. When they cooled and I tried them again, the seasonings were perfect!
Did you follow directions or make changes?  I replaced the shortening with butter (always!), and left out the apple juice because I didn't have any. Also, I left out the raisins and the walnuts, because I am not fond of those. I think I also did more apples, cant remember if I did 1.5 cups or 2 cups. The recipe only called for 1 cup. I thought I might as well since I left out other chunky items.
Would you make it again?  Yes! They were really good, everyone who tried them liked them. I ate way too many.
Any tips or advice? I chopped my apples really small, time consuming but I think its better. Also, I stored them in the fridge which made them sticky, I didn't think I liked that quality, but then I realized that I thought they tasted better cold! Other people didnt seem to have a preference.

Sorry, again no pictures. I made this before we started our pinning challenge, and so they were all eaten a month ago!!

- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment