Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff


What did you make? Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
How did it turn out? It was alright. Andy liked it more than I did. The beef was supposed to be in chunks with stroganoff "gravy" but I think the suggested slow cooker time was way too long, it fell apart into shredded beef and soaked up the liquid, it was difficult to stir into the egg noodles.
Did you follow directions or make changes? I didnt have onions, so I used a dry onion soup mix, and because that is pretty flavorful I skipped some of the called for seasonings.
Would you make it again? Maybe, I think I would rather ask for mom's stroganoff recipe. I remember growing up it was really good.
Would you make future changes? Tips? If I made again and still did the soup mix I think I would use half. I would also use half the sour scream it called for, it was nice and creamy but too sour. Lastly, I would cut down on cook time, it said 7-9 hours. I did the full time cause it cooked over night and it fell apart. I would stop it by 7 hours. 

Andy asked why I was taking a picture of him eating. :)

-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment