Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal!


don't mind the little sample I took from the corner!
http://pinterest.com/pin/235114067/
What did you make? Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal! This blog is great because she breaks each recipe down, so you know how much each serving costs. This one was $0.46 per serving!
How did it turn out? So Good! Initially I was surprised because I expected it to be sweeter, but then I thought about it, its oatmeal, its breakfast, it really was the perfect amount of sweet! It was really easy to throw together, it took about 5 minutes to mix it up and pop in the oven. The recipe suggested topping it with whip cream, maple syrup, or milk. I have only had it plain, it was great, but I should try it a few other ways as well. Andy ate his with milk and loved it.
Did you follow directions or make changes? I mostly followed the directions. I did put 3 cups of oats instead of 2.5, omitted the salt, and added a dash of cinnamon. (Recipe had just called for pumpkin pie spice for the seasonings)
Would you make it again? Heck yes! Cant wait! We have been slacking in the breakfast department in this house, I want to remedy that so we start out our day right. This will be one of the recipes I go to, along with some crockpot egg casseroles. I am thinking about adding some protein powder to it next time just to make it a little more balanced of a meal, hehe.
Any tips or advice? Just make it asap! Also, I think this would be a great easy breakfast when you have company- quick and delicious! (Recipe only serves 4-6 though, so it would need to be doubled.)

-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment