Sunday, November 27, 2011

Paleo Pumpkin Pie!

http://pinterest.com/pin/216313588321756929/
fastpaleo perfect-paleo-pumpkin-pie
What did you make? Perfect Paleo Pumpkin Pie!
How did it turn out? GREAT! So exciting to have it taste like real pumpkin pie! 
Did you follow directions or make changes? I tried to follow the directions, but wound up making a ton of changes! I decided not to do a pie crust because I was short on time. I just mixed up the filling and put into ramekins. The directions called for a small can of pumpkin, I only had a big can, and since the recipe didnt specify how many ounces or cups a small can is, I just had to guess. I also ran out of my pumpkin pie spice, so I just added a little of everything. It also called for honey as its sweetener, which would have been just fine, but I am using agave nectar because it has a lower glycemic index. Lastly, I didnt have coconut milk in the can, only refrigerated in the carton, it was exactly what the recipe said NOT to use, but I didnt have a choice so I used it anyway. It turned out just fine!!
Would you make it again? Yes! It would be interesting to see how it turns out if all the ingredients and measurements were correct, I am sure it will be similar since my end result was just like pumpkin pie! We will also be making our own whipped topping, so it will be fun to try those together.
Any tips or advice?  Just to make it! I know its a little different, and it calls for coconut milk (you should have all the other ingredients on hand) but its totally worth it because it doesnt have any gluten garbage in it, nor any sugar, so its super healthy! Eat it and be guilt free! Then eat another one!
-Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this - will check some more and try the recipe soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete